That's a wrap! Congratulations again on your purchase of 21/16 Batman St, Braddon ACT.
Below I have listed a couple of important details for you to think about in the future with regards to your property.
• As your purchase was for investment purposes, there will be tax deductions that you will be able to claim when (and if) you start paying tax in Australia again. In preparation for this, you will need a full tax depreciation schedule. A qualified Quantity Surveyor is required to facilitate this and we recommend BMT, the cost is about $770 inc. GST, which is 100% tax deductible also. We can arrange this for you if you like?
• Your property management company is LJ Hooker, Manuka and the property manager is Georgia Hamon, you will find her contact details in your property contact spreadsheet. Should you ever need to escalate any issues, Georgia's superior is Megan Bautista, her details are also supplied.
• The current tenants (Timothy Graham & Timothy Cooke) have a fixed lease until the 30/09/18, paying $400/wk. They love living in the property and by all indications would like to sign a further lease term. We currently appraise the rent at $425/wk and would suggest a rental appraisal in September.
• The apartment is in great shape and given the current incredibly tight vacancy rates in Braddon of 0.8% will lease as is. If you did have time in between tenancies a small nip and tuck would include new window furnishings, new flooring and a fresh coat of paint.
• Click here to view your property contacts phone numbers and email addresses.
• Your property paperwork will be sent to you via email, in a relevant filing structure.
The Milk Bar:
• The Milk Bar is an additional service we offer our clients and is an online secure portal that you have 24/7 access to. The portal tracks your investment property in real-time, we provide information such as:
- Current property value
- Current rental value
- Current equity position
- Property maintenance planning and scheduling
- Being your eyes and ears on the ground in Australia for your property
- Being the point of contact for your property in Australia
- Central repository for all of your property paperwork
- Real time information and data on the Canberra property market.
For this service, the fee is $24.00 / month, billed on the 30th of each month. Let me know if you would like to know more about this service and we can arrange a time to talk further?
• You will receive an email from me with a link to our experience survey. We really value your feedback and take all comments onboard.
• Reviews really help our business and if you enjoyed working with us we'd love if you could leave a review on our Facebook page and Google. If so simply click on each of the links and follow the prompts.
Fiona, thank you once again for commissioning Milk Chocolate to purchase your investment property. I have really enjoyed working with you as has the team.